Do you enjoy running but not ready yet for a long distance run?
Come and enjoy ULTRABUG - our race in Bucovina (Romania) as a volunteer, a supporter or just run one or two stages of the 3-day competition!
We have put together a great 5-day programme which can be extended so you can thoroughly enjoy your holiday in Romania. ULTRABUG is a unique event which takes place around the picturesque village of Fundu Moldovei, Suceava county at the beginning of June (first weekend).
Come and join us as a supporter, help as a volunteer or run the 8km stage!
This invitation is open to anyone who loves the outdoors, is keen on discovering the breathtaking scenery of the Oriental Carpathian Mountains and meeting great people with a fantastic team spirit.
Bonus: Bucovina is well-known for its rich culture and history, old customs and traditions, amazing scenery and delicious local cuisine. The UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina are one of the world's greatest art treasures.
Wednesday, the 3rd of June
- arrival to Fundu Moldovei
*Optional - join us at 2.00pm at Cluj International Airport - FREE transfer by car to Fundu Modovei
Thursday, the 4th of June
- trip to Voronet Monastery, considered to be the "Sixtine Chapel of the East", due to its magnificent frescoes
- lunch at the Trout Farm*, get there cycling or by car.
- in the evening: meet the runners and the organizers. Help with the participants' registration.
*Trout Farm IZVOR (Pojorata) - Enjoy delicious trout dishes in spectacular views, regardless the weather. The pretty restaurant with wood ornaments is next to the ponds and offers fresh trout: grilled, smoked, with sour cream or soup with traditional polenta and garlic+sour cream sauce. Other options available if trout is not your thing.
Don't miss the most popular Romanian dessert - papanasi with home-made jam and sweetened sour cream.
Also higly recommended - afinata, delicious home-made liqueur from locally picked blueberry.
Friday, the 5th of June - ULTRABUG first stage, 42km
- join us and encourage the runners for the START of the race
- follow the runners on mountain bike or on foot and enjoy the most picturesque parts of the race.
Also access with 4x4 vehicles
- help at the check points- cheer the runners at the FINISH line
- After the race - guest speaker presentations
Saturday, the 6th of June - ULTRABUG second stage, 50km
- Ultrabug second day START
- Meal at the Shepherd's hut - enjoy an authentic shepherd's meal with freshly made cheese and other delicious traditional dishes. The Shepherd’s Hut is close to the Ultrabug route.
- bike trip to the hospitable Orata Monastery, learn about the emotional story behind this Monastery of Nuns
- follow the runners by bike or on foot on the most picturesque parts of the race. Access with 4x4 vehicles
- help with the check points
- cheer the runners at the FINISH line
- Bonfire (after race) - enjoy a special evening with your new friends
Sunday, the 7th of June - ULTRABUG third stage, 8km
- Ultrabug last day START
- we offer you a chance to get a real feel of ULTRABUG by taking part in the last stage of the race
- 8 km out of which 4 km on flat terrain (check the route map on website) You will be rewarded with a ULTRABUG medal, hand made by a local artisan.
- cheer the runners at the FINISH line
- get ready for the medal ceremony
- After race PARTY!!!!!
Monday, the 8th of June
- Breakfast and departure
*Optional - transfer to Cluj - £39 / person. Includes: packed lunch and visit to the spectacular Turda Salt Mine
Price £195 / person (249 euros)
- free transfer from Cluj to Fundu Moldovei (only available for 3rd of June, details on request)
- 5 nights accommodation and Half-Board in a local guest-house
- Meal at the Shepherd’s Hut: visit an authentic shepherds place where they tend their animals and make delicious cheese and other dairy products. In the menu: 'balmus' - tasty shepherd’s specialty
- bonfire and after race party participation
- guided trip to Voronet Monastery (£15/pers)
- meal at Dracula Hotel restaurant, for those opting for free transport Cluj - Fundu Moldovei on the 3rd of June (£5-10)
- bicycle hire (£6 for up to 5 hrs, £10 for the whole day)
- meal at the Trout Farm (£5-10)
- transfer from Fundu Moldovei to Cluj - £39 (transport + packed lunch + visit the spectacular Turda Salt Mine)
If you would like to explore more of this beautiful region, why not extend your holiday a few more days:
- Accommodation + Half-Board in a local guest house: from £15 / person /day
All prices are in British Pounds but payment can be done in Euros or US dollars as well. Payment by PayPal or bancar transfer - 50% in advance. Details about payment on request.
Together with our partner company - Bucovina Experience, we can help you organise the rest of your holiday.
There are many options available - just let us know what you would like to see and do.
- visit the Painted Monasteries - apart from Voronet, there are other amazing monasteries - UNESCO World Heritage monuments (Moldovita, Sucevita, Putna...)
- enjoy a trip with Mocanita, the 100-year old steam train
- visit Cacica - a spectacular salt mine and Marginea - a black pottery centre
- learn the art of Egg decoration at Ciocanesti, a beautiful village declared village-museum for its unique houses
- learn to live like a local - participate at the daily farming activities: learn to use a scythe and make hay, try to milk a cow and make cheese, pick wild berries and make jam, learn to cook delicious traditional dishes with fresh ingredients from the farm
- outdoors activities: hiking, rock climbing, horse riding, paragliding and many others
For more details:
CONTACT If you feel like you can tackle the whole Ultrabug - 100km - check ULTRABUG website - www.ultrabug.co.uk. You can also find here the 7-day supporter package details (discounts for the ULTRABUG Newsletter subscribers). (for more details and bookings) - Michaela
+44(0)7786054771 (UK number)
+40(0)727941427 (Romania number)
COME TO BUCOVINA - ROMANIA, FOR A LIFE TIME EXPERIENCE!